Business Licenses and Permits

Requirements & Instructions

Not all businesses are required to have a business license from the city. The types of businesses requiring a city license are listed below. Click on the name to download the application packet. If you are starting a new business in one of these categories, you must register with the State of Washington Department of Revenue first, then apply for your city business license. The Department of Revenue also has an office in Port Angeles at 734 East First Street. Office hours are limited. Phone 360-417-9900 for more information.

Permit Applications

All business-related permit and license applications for the City of Port Angeles are available below. Click on the application image to open and fill out. The applications are PDF’s and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader for use outside of this browser. Click on this link to download Adobe Reader. The link will take you outside the City of Port Angeles Website.

Please submit any application and required attachments to:

Please submit any certificate of occupancy application and required attachments to:

For more information please visit the City Clerk Webpage

For all other permit types, scroll to the bottom.

Adult Entertainment License

Clerk - Adult Entertainment Packet

Dance Permit

Clerk - Dance Permit Packet

Taxi Driver License

Clerk - For Hire Driver Driver Packet

Hotel/Motel License

Clerk - Hotel Motels Packet

Peddler's License

Clerk - Peddlers Packet

Transient Merchant License

Clerk - Transient Merchant Application Packet

Ambulance License

Clerk - Ambulance Packet

Dancehall Permit

Clerk - Dancehall with Liquor Packe

Taxi For-Hire License

Clerk - For Hire Taxi Company Packet

Second Hand/Pawn License

Clerk - Second Hand Dealer

Charitable Solicitation Permit

Clerk - Charitable Solicitation Packet

Fire Extinguisher Service Permit

Clerk - Fire Extinguisher Service Packet

Horse Taxi License

Clerk - Horse Taxis Packet

Outdoor Music Festival License

Clerk - Outdoor Music Festivals Packet

Tattoo License

Clerk - Tattoo Application Packet
Building and Electrical Permitting Button
Parks and Rec Permitting Button
Waste Disposal Permitting Button
Fire Safety Permitting Button
Right of Way Permitting Button
Wastewater Management Permitting Button
Land Use Permitting Button
Stormwater Management Permitting Button
Standards and Guidelines Button