The City of Port Angeles is currently looking to fill one (1) positions. The order of pre-employment testing to include the following:
- To apply go to www.cityofpa.us and complete the online application. Please attach a letter of interest and resume.
- Once your application is submitted and reviewed (see education and experience below) a City representative may contact you to begin the video conference interview process.
- Top applicants will be invited for Chief's interview
- Successfully pass the Public Safety Testing requirements for Firefighter/EMT Paramedic Trainee www.publicsafetytesting.com
- Successfully complete the interview process, complete a personal history statement, sign all applicable waivers and begin the background process.
- Once the background process is complete, applicants will be scheduled for psychological examination, and a pre-employment drug test and physical.
The Department is recruiting Firefighter/EMT – Paramedic Trainees
2022 Salary Range: $72,288 - $98,315 (FF/EMT) upon completion of PM Training Program (FF/PM) $77,194-$104,989 per year (2022 Salary Scale + Reduction of Hours Pay). Plus deferred compensation match by the City. Salary range increases upon certification as a Paramedic. Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage. Other benefits include deferred compensation program, life insurance, wellness program and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave. Retirement benefits are provided through Washington State Law Enforcement Officers' and Fire Fighters Retirement Systems (LEOFF)
Position is open until filled.