Electrical Engineering Specialist I/II
Under general supervision of the Electrical Engineering Manager, provides technical assistance and prepares staking sheets and work sketches for all types of construction and maintenance work at both the distribution and transmission level of the City’s electrical utility.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Principles, practices, and trends in the electrical utility and communications industry as it relates to technical engineering work.
- Construction methods and practices associated with all phases of electrical and communication utility construction.
- Principles of electrical engineering drafting
- Computer skills and proficiency with AutoCAD and related programs to perform GIS mapping and drafting.
- Basic construction administration.
- Apply City and Department policies and procedures.
- Perform technical engineering work.
- Prepare technical drawings, sketches, plans, and specifications using AutoCAD.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Read, write, and speak the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
SALARY: $28.384-$35.966 ($59,039 – $74,809 annually) DOE. Represented by AFSCME Local #1619.
Work requires sitting at a desk and using a computer workstation for extended periods of time. Outdoor work in all types of weather involves stooping and bending to perform inspection as well as walking on uneven terrain at construction sites.
TO APPLY: Applicants must submit a City of Port Angeles application, cover letter and resume to the HR Office or on the Job Center (www.cityofpa.us/jobcenter) webpage. Position is open until filled.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants will be evaluated on the requirements and related experience. Only applicants selected to receive an interview will be contacted. COPA is an EOE.
Electrical Engineering Specialist I
- Two year college degree in engineering technology or related technical field, or NWPPA Staking Technician Certification program or equivalent is desirable.
- Two years of experience performing technical engineering functions related to electrical utility construction and maintenance work or a related technical field.
- OR, Five years of electric utility engineering in the construction and modification of electrical distribution systems will be considered, or a related technical field.
- Must have computer experience with a variety of Microsoft office including Word, Teams, and Excel. Proficiency with AutoCAD software, or other CAD software.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Washington State driver’s license within thirty (30) days, and a driving record acceptable to the City’s Risk Manager.
Electrical Engineering Specialist II
- Two-year college degree in engineering technology or a related technical field
- Five years of progressively more responsible experience performing technical engineering functions related to all aspects of electrical utility construction and maintenance work, including field layout and contract inspection and administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have computer experience with a variety of Microsoft software including word processing and spreadsheets, and proficiency with AutoCAD software.
- Two years of customer service experience with communication utilities connections may be substituted for two of the five years experience with electric utility engineering functions.
- Possession of a valid Washington State driver's license at the time of appointment, or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days, and a driving record acceptable to the City's Risk Manager.