Administrative Specialist II - Public Works - Temporary Position
NATURE OF WORK:
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director and local tasking from the head of the organizational unit where assigned (e.g., Manager, Superintendent or their chain of command), provides clerical support to management level employees and their organizations, performing administrative, data entry, and clerical work from routine to moderately difficult assignments. Maintains a variety of records including financial, budgetary, and customer information. Work assignments, duties, and location within the department may vary, as determined by the Administrative Services Supervisor.
The City is looking to hire two (2) full-time Administrative Specialist II positions for up to six months. These positions will not receive benefits however it will receive paid holidays off and will accrue sick leave and vacation.
- Serve as primary contact for all Public Works & Utilities business calls. Monitor and respond to voicemail and email daily. Answer and address complaints and disseminate as appropriate.
- Perform data entry, including timecard entry, job cost worksheets, work orders, budget spreadsheets, and requisitions.
- Provide procurement services to the Public Works Operations and Engineering divisions.
SALARY: A12 - $21.767 - $25.980 per hour ($45,275.36 - $54,038.40 annually). AFSCME Local 1619 Represented Position.
To Apply: Applicants must submit a City of Port Angeles application, cover letter and resume to the HR Office. Application can be downloaded from the City website (www.cityofpa.us/jobcenter) or picked up at City Hall. Position is open until filled.
Selection Process: Applicants will be evaluated on the qualifications and related experience. Only applicants selected to receive an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Office
321 E 5th St
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Education (All Classifications):
- High School graduate or GED required. College level course work in office management, accounting, business practices, or related administrative coursework desired.
- Possession of a valid Washington State driver's license at the time of appointment or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days, and a driving record acceptable to the City.
--Requires four years of increasingly responsible administrative and/or customer service experience from routine to complex and difficult assignments.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of modern office methods, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge of effective public relations practices and techniques
- Knowledge of computer software including word processing, data entry, and spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of and currency of city policies, procedures, and department rules and regulations as related to the assigned tasks and duties.
- Ability to speak tactfully and employ good telephone skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, employees, families, and the general public
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in processing work orders, input data, monitor invoices, budget reports, pay invoices and bills on a weekly and daily basis