Part Time Scale Attendant
Under general supervision, checks all vehicles entering the City transfer station site to visually inspect the contents for proper disposal of vehicle contents and weighs the vehicle to determine the proper fee to be charged. Collects transfer fees.
Candidates must complete a basic math test as part of the selection process.
Salary: Range A09- $21.017 to $25.080 per hour
Benefits include pro-rated sick and vacation leave accrual. Position is represented by AFSCME Local #1619.
Schedule: 19 hours a week, scheduled as needed for coverage. Additional hours may be necessary if circumstances arise.
To Apply: Applicants must complete an application and submit a letter of interest and resume. The online application can be accessed at www.cityofpa.us. COPA is an EOE. Position is open until filled.
Selection Process: Applications will be evaluated based upon information provided in application. The most qualified applicants will be invited to an interview. Only those selected to receive an interview will be contacted.
- One year of work experience in customer service involving receipt and disbursement of money, or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of simple record-keeping systems and ability to accurately collect & disburse money.
- Must be able to be bonded for cash-handling.
- Must pass criminal history check prior to hire.
- Basic familiarity with computer operation and software, with ability to learn solid waste operations software.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Washington State Driver’s license within thirty (30) days, and a good driving record.
Other necessary skills include:
- Good basic mathematics skills and ability to accurately perform calculations, make change, and balance cash receipts daily.
- Basic record-keeping skills and ability to maintain reports.