Roles & Responsibilities
The goal of the Finance Department is to manage and optimize the city's financial affairs and provide professional, knowledgeable, and courteous service to city employees and customers.
Along with general accounting and budgeting services, the Finance Department is also responsible for customer service, centralized switchboard, reprographics, and coordinating and supporting the entire information networking and computer services used by City departments.
Information at your fingertips. Now you can access annual and audit reports, budget information, and learn more about how the City manages its financial resources.
- Avoid diminishing operating reserves and maintain fund balances at prescribed policy level.
- Evaluate capital equipment replacement and capital facility support with a long-range plan.
- Improve financial reporting and budget procedures including performance measures.
- Minimize potential tax, fee, and utility rate increases while reviewing staff and operations to maximize effectiveness.
- Update and improve long-range financial projections, data analysis, and trend profiles to facilitate strategic forecasting/plans.
Presentations to City Council
- 2023 Revenue Sources Presentation (PDF)
- 2022 Budget Revenue Options Work Session (PDF)
- 2023 Budget Goals Work Session (PDF)
- 2023-2028 Capital Facilities Plan and Transportation Improvement Plan Public Hearing (PDF)
- 2022 Property Tax Levy Presentation (PDF)
- 2022 Preliminary Budget Presentation (PDF)
- 2022 Revenue Sources Presentation (PDF)
- 2021 Budget Public Hearing (PDF)
- 2021 Property Tax Levy (PDF)
- 2021 Preliminary Budget Presentation (PDF)
- 2021 Revenue Sources Presentation (PDF)
- COVID Related Revenue Impacts and 2021 Budget Goals (PDF)
- 2021-2026 CFP Worksession Presentation (PDF)
- 2020 Revenue Sources (PDF)
- 2019 Affordability Index Update (PDF)
- 2019 Utility Rate Options (PDF)
- 2019 Utility Rates (PDF)
- 2016 – 2020 Long-Term Financial Plan (PDF)