Change of Building Inspector Office Hours
The Buildings inspector will be available during the following days and times for walk-in inquiries, permit questions, and plan comments. Consultations are limited to 15-30 minute increments.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
8:30 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
(Availability subject to change due to inspections, appointments and other engagements)
For special appointments outside of these hours, please contact the Building Inspector's cell number listed in the "Contact Us" column on the right.
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that all housing, service-oriented, and commercial development within the City of Port Angeles is mindful of the health, safety and welfare of occupants by meeting city, state, federal, and international building code and standards. Everything from large industrial uses to a residential deck falls under the Building Division scope of work.
If you are trying to access previous building permits pulled on a specific address, you can find that information with the City Clerk.
Port Angeles uses the International Code Council for much of its building regulation.
Building Permit Applications (Alphabetical)
- Building Permit Application Stormwater (PDF)
- Certificate Of Occupancy Application (PDF)
- Demolition Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Commercial (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Fair Event (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Residential (PDF)
- Electrical Service Information Form (PDF)
- Fire-related permit application
- General Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Prescriptive Energy Code Worksheet and table (PDF)
- Roofing Siding Permit Application (PDF)
- ROW Construction Permit Application (PDF)
- ROW Use Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Solar Permit Application (PDF)
Information and Standards (Alphabetical)
Stormwater Related Permits (Alphabetical)
- Coversheet - Stormwater Management Tool Kit (PDF)
- Factsheet A - Small Project Requirements (PDF)
- Factsheet B - Erosion Sediment Control (PDF)
- Factsheet C - Supplemental BMPs (PDF)
- Worksheet A1 - Small Project Kit (PDF)
- Worksheet A2 - Site Plan (PDF)
- Worksheet B1 - SWPPP (PDF)
- Worksheet B2 - SWPPP Details (PDF)
- Worksheet C - Infeasilbility (PDF)
- Worksheet D - Compost (PDF)
- WorkSheet E1 - Infiltration Test (PDF)
- WorkSheet E2 - PIT Checklist (PDF)
The Building Department Fees are based on valuation of the project (materials and labor) and Unit fees, where applicable. To see a comprehensive listing of Fees located in 3.70.080 of the Port Angeles Municipal Code.
When planning the building permit fees, the City of Port Angeles uses these minimum standards for per square foot valuation:
RESIDENTIAL (One Family and Two Family):
Dwelling - $85.00 per square foot minimum
Garage, Utility / Miscellaneous Structure - $30.00 per square foot minimum
Porch / Deck - $12.00 per square foot minimum
RESIDENTIAL (Multiple Family), COMMERCIAL, and INDUSTRIAL
Use the ICC minimum per square foot entries listed in the August 2010 Building Safety Journal
For a complete listing of permit and plan-check fees based on valuation ranges please see this document.