Parks & Recreation Available Facilities & Services
Our office remains closed to the public, but we are still available for assistance. Please call 360-417-4550 or email email@example.com.
Visiting City Parks & Facilities
Although there are no estimated timelines for when Clallam County will advance through phases of reopening, we continue to encourage everyone to use our parks and open spaces. Please follow the guidelines provided by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Governor Inslee (see below):
Before You Go
- Come prepared. Visitors will find reduced restroom services. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper, as well as a mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Stay with immediate household only. Recreation with those outside of your household creates new avenues for virus transmission.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When You Get There
- Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep six feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
- Practice personal hygiene: Wash your hands often, cover coughs and sneezes, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and throw used tissues in the trash.
Parks & Recreation and the Safe Start Washington Reopening Plan
- Ediz Hook Boat Launch reopened on May 5, 2020.
- Erickson Skatepark and Lincoln Park Dog Park are temporarily closed.
- Ocean View Cemetery: Burial continue to be an essential service. We will not be allowing services at this time.
- Rental locations are closed; however, our facilities may be available to the Community on as as-needed basis.
- Two public restrooms will remain open at the downtown and Gateway locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed.
- Athletic fields and courts within our Parks are temporarily closed.
- All open spaces, playgrounds and trails, including the Waterfront Trail, are currently open per the guidelines provided by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Governor’s Office.
The following changes have been made effective:
- The Lincoln Park BMX Track is open per their organization’s guidelines, approved by the Clallam County Health Department and the City of Port Angeles. Please see their website for more information: https://www.usabmx.com/tracks/1251
- Erickson Playfield and Hazel Porter Keil tennis courts have reopened.
- Elks Playfield pickleball courts have reopened.
- Ocean View Cemetery: Formal services allowable. Per the Governor's Office, outdoor ceremonies are limited to 30 people. At least six feet of physical distancing between households is required.
- The Downtown, Gateway and Shane Park restrooms are open. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed.
The Parks & Recreation Department has been working diligently on a plan to reopen facilities and resume services. The following will become available when we move into Phases 3 & 4 of the Safe Start recovery plan. Below is a projected timeline:
Governor Inslee's Modified Phase 3 - No projected changes
Phase 4 - Projected Openings
- Port Angeles Senior Center
- Vern Burton Community Center
- Erickson Skate Park
- Rental facilities (Lincoln Park Loomis, Clubhouse, Campfire Clubhouse)
- All athletic fields (per the approval of Clallam County Health officials)
- All facilities within Lincoln Park, including the Dog Park and Cal Ripken Ballfields
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
You can perform a search for open, partially closed, or completely closed parks and facilities via the “Find A Facility” search function on the left-hand side of the page.
Completely Closed – All parts of this park/facility are closed to the public.
Partially Closed – Some parts of the park/facility are closed to the public. Ex: baseball field, public restroom.
Open – This park/facility functions as it would normally.