The Lincoln Street Safety Project Will Begin July 26th, 2021
What to Expect: The Lincoln Street Safety Project incorporates elements which will increase pedestrian safety and promotes public accessibility, including:
- Uphill buffered bike lane and downhill shared lane markings,
- ADA curb ramp revisions and new curb extensions to shorten crosswalk lengths,
- Pedestrian activated rapid flashing crossing beacons at 4th Street,
- New bus pullout and traffic signal at 3rd Street, and
- ADA signal upgrades at 5th Street and new pavement markings throughout the corridor.
Where: Work will occur from 1st to 8th Streets along the Lincoln Street corridor.
The Details: Work is scheduled to begin Monday, July 26th and continue through the end of the year.
The road will remain open to traffic although some areas may be controlled by flaggers.
Expect delays when traveling in these areas. Please note that as with all projects, dates may change, and work may be extended depending on weather, progress and conditions.
Our goal is to complete the project with as little inconvenience as possible while keeping safety of the public, pedestrians and motorists a top priority. Please use alternate routes and watch for trucks entering and leaving the work areas. Please remember, when you see our work crews, slow down for safety.
Thank you for your continued patience during our road repair efforts.
Project updates will be regularly updated here: Lincoln Street Safety Project Update Homepage
For more information please contact the City of Port Angeles Public Works Department at (360) 417-4800 or email@example.com