Summer is here, and it’s time to do some much-needed roadwork!
The City’s 2021 Chip Seal Project is scheduled from Friday, August 13th to Saturday, August 21st, 2021
- Golf Course Road from East 5th Street to Maddock Road
- East 5th Street from Cherry Street to Race Street
- Peabody Street from 8th Street to Front Street
- August 13th – Road preparation work will begin - All roads will remain open to vehicular traffic with flagging control during the road preparation.
- August 17th and 18th, 2021 roads will be closed only during chip sealing activity.
- August 21st all roads will remain open during pavement marking installation with flagging control.
All construction projects in the roadway are inherently dangerous which is why it is important that we, as a community, work together to keep everyone safe. Just as the contractor is responsible to ensure you get through their jobsite safely, you have a responsibility to ensure their workers also make it home safe. Ways you can help:
- No street parking during chip sealing activities taking place on the 17th and 18th of August. No parking signs will be placed on the road as a reminder for residents.
- Follow the designated detour routes.
- Give yourself extra time in advance so you’re not rushed and stressed by traffic delays.
- When traveling through a construction zone, drive slowly, be on the alert, seek to make eye contact, and follow the directions given by traffic control personnel.
- Keep up-to-date with project notices and public service announcements.
- And, if you see something unsafe – report it.
For more information please contact Jeremy Pozernick, Project Manager, at (360) 417-4807 or Jpozerni@cityofpa.us
The City of Port Angeles assures full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and any related statutes and regulations, by prohibiting discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, income, Limited English Proficiency or sex in the provision of benefits and services resulting from all programs and activities. Limited English Proficiency persons may request language interpretation services from the City of Port Angeles. For more information, please contact the City’s Public Works Title VI Coordinator at email@example.com or (360) 417-4541.