10/1/22 8:00pm Update: City staff will be coming door to door with cases of water to the customers who remain out of water due to the water main break. Please feel free to take a case if needed. If you do not need the water, please decline to insure we have enough to supply those who are in need.
City staff will be offering a location to fill buckets, jugs, etc. This will be non-potable water, but can be used for household activities, such as bathing and toilet flushing. This service will be offered daily throughout the outage from 8:00am-7:00pm at the intersection of East 5th and Golf Course Rd.
10/1/22 4:30pm Update: Arrangements have been made with Shore Aquatic Center for customers impacted by the water outage to shower at no charge. Customers will need to let staff at the pool know they have been impacted by the water outage upon arrival.
10/1/22 Original News Flash: On Saturday morning, October 1st, one of the City’s 20” water mains broke. The City is placing door hangers at the homes that have been impacted.
Please note: If your water was not shut off or you have not experienced low water pressure on October 1st, you are not impacted by this notice and you do not need to boil your water.
City crews are actively working to repair the broken water main. This impacts roughly 540 connections in the following areas:
- 318 Homes under boil water advisory in the Mt. Angeles Road area
- 8 Apartment complex’s 8-25 units under boil water advisory Mt Angeles Road area
- 170 Homes in the golf course area are without water
- 2 Assisted Living complexes in the golf course area are without water
- 1 Mental Care facility in the golf course area is without water
Repairs are expected to be complete on Wednesday, October 5th, at which time water will be restored.
Once water is restored, a precautionary boil water notice is advised for all homes impacted by the break. These homes should use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking, cooking, making ice, and brushing teeth.
- Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute to kill bacteria and other organisms that may have been introduced into the water.
- Let the water cool before using.
- Tap water is safe for showering, bathing, and for other household uses, including washing dishes in the dishwasher as long as the heat/sanitizing cycle and commercial dishwashing detergent are used.
Following the repair, the water main will be disinfected and flushed and the City will take water samples to ensure safety. The City will notify affected customers once satisfactory test results are received, At this point the precautionary boil water notice will be lifted.
If you experience brown water, please flush your water lines by running the water in a bathtub or faucet until the water runs clear.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Protecting your health and safety is our highest priority. For updates, please check the City website and/or social media pages. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call 360-417-4800 or email email@example.com. For weekends and after 5:00pm, please contact our after-hours answering service at 360-417-4726.