Temperatures are dropping and winter weather conditions have been forecasted for our area. With that in mind, we would like to remind you to please take caution and follow these tips to stay safe and keep the roads clear for snowplows.
How You Can Prepare (and Stay Safe!)
- Stock up on essentials and prepare your home for cold temperatures. More information: https://www.cityofpa.us/1037/Winter-Weather
- Be mindful of the road conditions. When conditions are icy, stay home if you can. If you must drive, be sure to remove snow and ice from your vehicle and leave to your destination earlier to ensure a safe arrival.
- If you ride the bus, visit www.clallamtransit.com for rider alerts.
- Shovel snow away from sidewalks, driveways and fire hydrants.
- Check in with neighbors or family that may need a helping hand.
- Never use a generator, camp stove, charcoal grill, gasoline, or propane heater while indoors. These items can start accidental fires, cause electric shock, and/or cause deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Never touch a downed power line. If you see one, please call (360) 417-4726 to report the power line and location.
Which Streets Get Plowed First?
Icy street conditions and/or snow fall will initiate mobilization of de-icing, sanding, and plowing equipment in accordance with the following priorities:
Priority #1: Main arterials – to keep hospitals, fire stations, police stations, and emergency rescue connected
Priority #2: All remaining arterials, bus routes, selected garbage collection routes
Priority #3: Other arterials connecting major traffic volume streets and providing access to schools
Priority #4: All remaining residential streets
Please be patient…
The City is responsible for clearing 144 miles for road with limited staffing and equipment. To help our crews clear the roadways more efficiently, please:
- Park your vehicles in driveways or parking areas off the main streets
- Report potholes and icy intersections to the Public Works Department at (360) 417-4800 or email@example.com. If you reach our voicemail, please leave a message with the information. The supervisor will be monitoring messages from the field.
Stay Informed / Contact Us
During winter weather/storm events, updates will be shared through the Public Works & Utilities Department Facebook Page. Follow us: https://www.facebook.com/portangelespublicworks
Community members can contact the following to report areas of concern:
- Potholes, Snow/Icy Road Conditions, and Debris in the Roadways: (360) 417-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Power Outages and Downed Power Lines: (360) 417-4726
- Emergencies: 9-1-1
Visit our website to learn more about City Snow & Ice Removal Procedures and winter weather preparedness: https://cityofpa.us/946/Be-Prepared
View PDF Snow Removal Map