July 18, 2023 Update:
The project schedule has been updated to the following dates/times:
- Wednesday, July 19: Traffic will be reduced to one lane and controlled by flaggers beginning at 7 a.m. and extending through the work day. Lane revisions and traffic control will be in-place overnight.
- Thursday, July 20: Traffic will be reduced to one lane and controlled by flaggers beginning at 8 a.m. through approximately 5 p.m. Full access is expected overnight, however roadway trench excavations will be plated and drivers should exercise caution.
- Friday, July 21: Trench work will continue west along Marine Drive. Residents should reduce speeds, expect delays, consider alternate routes, and exercise caution when passing through the construction zone.
Original Message Posted July 14, 2023:
The City of Port Angeles with contractor Scarsella Bros., Inc. will start excavation at the intersection of Marine Drive and West 2nd Street on Monday, July 17th. This work is part of the Wastewater Capacity Improvement Project to upgrade and expand wastewater conveyance capacity in West Port Angeles.
Excavation work is scheduled to occur on the following dates/times:
- Monday, July 17th from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18th, through Friday, July 21st, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What Residents Can Expect:
- Traffic control will be in place for the duration of activity (July 17-21).
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane and controlled by flaggers.
- Motorists should expected delays and consider alternate routes, if possible.
- Please be careful when walking or driving through or near the construction area. Residents should drive slowly, be on alert, and follow directions provided by Traffic Control personnel and signage.
Following completion of the excavation work at the intersection of Marine Drive and West 2nd Street, traffic control and excavation work will progress westward along Marine Drive. Additional details will be provided as the project moves forward.
For more information, please contact City Project Manager Lucio Baack at email@example.com.