The City of Port Angeles is pleased to announce the opening of the 2024 Lodging Tax Grant Application. This opportunity invites qualified organizations to submit proposals for activities and projects that enhance and promote Port Angeles’ tourism and overall visitor experience.
The Lodging Tax (LTAX) Fund is the primary source of City funding for activities, operations, and expenditures designed to increase local tourism. The funds are derived from a portion of lodging tax revenues collected from visitors who stay in our city’s hotels and other accommodations.
Each year, the City’s Lodging Tax Advisory Committee conducts a process to solicit and recommend Lodging Tax-funded services for City Council consideration. In addition to event proposals, this process is open to public and non-profit agencies that demonstrate the ability to achieve tourism goals as outlined below:
- Foster and maintain a healthy and diverse tourism sector that continues to thrive.
- Fully utilize and promote creative uses of existing facilities.
- Improve the quality of experience and relationships for tourist and residents while diminishing any negative impacts from tourism-related activities and traffic.
- Promote partnerships and increase tourism by concentrating on priorities identified by both residents and the tourism industry.
- Focus on our unique Port Angeles assets that make us a premier destination for environmentally and fiscally sustainable recreation and tourism.
- Encourage collaboration, recognizing that Olympic Peninsula-based tourism supports and benefits all communities.
Those interested should review the Request for Proposal (RFP) and complete the 2024 Lodging Tax Grant Application by 5 p.m. on October 16, 2023. A review of the proposals by the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee has been tentatively scheduled for November 2, 2023. Recommendations for final allocation of the 2024 LTAX budget will be reviewed by City Council later this winter.
For more information on the City of Port Angeles Lodging Tax Advisory Committee, the LTAX Fund, or the RFP application process, please email Planning Supervisor Ben Braudrick at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: www.cityofpa.us/LodgingTaxFund.