The City will begin construction on the Lauridsen Boulevard Overlay Project this Monday, July 29th, 2019. This project will remove the roadway surface and replace it with new asphalt along the Boulevard west of Lauridsen Court and east of the Lincoln Street intersection. Additional highlights of the project are:
- Replacing sidewalk ramps to meet current ADA accessibility standards
- Improving pedestrian and vehicle traffic safety with:
- pedestrian islands at designated crosswalks,
- designated turn lanes at Peabody Street, and
- traffic-calming islands between Vine and Albert Streets.
We plan to keep Lauridsen Blvd. open to traffic throughout the project, however, motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes around the work zone. Project completion is scheduled for the week of September 23rd, 2019.
Please note that, as with all projects, dates may change and work may be extended depending on weather, progress, and conditions. More information and weekly updates can be found on the City’s project webpage: https://www.cityofpa.us/924/Lauridsen-Blvd-Overlay-Project