Clearing City streets is a difficult process that takes time, hard work and good communication between residents, business owners and the City. The City has 144 miles of roads to clear, limited equipment, and employees available for around-the-clock removal operations. We appreciate your patience.
For information on how to prepare for winter storms, please see the preparing for winter storms news flash https://www.cityofpa.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=794&ARC=1286.
For information on what to do during the storms, please see the following news flash https://www.cityofpa.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=797.
Only drive if necessary. Remove snow and ice from your tailpipe before starting your car, and check regularly if idling. Clean all snow and ice from your car before driving.
Snow removal route priorities: https://www.cityofpa.us/DocumentCenter/View/4497/Snow-Removal-Maps-2018?bidId
- Main arterials – to keep the hospitals, fire stations, police stations, and emergency rescue connected
- All remaining arterials, bus routes, selected collection routes
- Other arterials connecting major traffic volume streets and providing access to schools
- All remaining streets
It is inevitable that driveways will be blocked during plowing operations. We’re sorry for this inconvenience, but it cannot be avoided. Snow removal can be a monumental task, and we appreciate your understanding.
How can you help?
- Park vehicles in driveways or parking areas off the main streets
- Maintain snow removal of your sidewalks and driveways
- Report potholes and icy intersections by calling 360-417-4543. If you reach a voicemail, please leave your information, this line will be monitored.
Thank you from your Public Works and Utilities Division!