Parks & Recreation – Available Facilities and Services Update
Visiting City Parks & Facilities
The Ediz Hook Boat Launch and all open spaces, playgrounds and trails within our Parks, including the Waterfront Trail, are currently open.
Per the guidelines provided by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Governor Inslee (see below):
Before You Go
- Come prepared. Visitors will find reduced restroom services. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper, as well as a mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Stay with immediate household only. Recreation with those outside of your household creates new avenues for virus transmission.
- Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When You Get There
- Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep six feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
- Practice personal hygiene: Wash your hands often, cover coughs and sneezes, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, and throw used tissues in the trash.
The following changes have been made effective June 1, 2020 as Clallam County moves into Phase 2 of the State’s Safe Start recovery plan:
- The Lincoln Park BMX Track is open per their organization’s guidelines. Please see their website for more information: https://www.usabmx.com/tracks/1251
- Erickson Playfield tennis courts have reopened.
- Elks Playfield pickleball courts have reopened.
The Parks & Recreation Department has been working diligently on a plan to reopen facilities and resume services. The following will become available when we move into Phases 3 & 4 of the Safe Start recovery plan. Below is a projected timeline:
- Rental facilities (Lincoln Park Loomis, Clubhouse, Campfire Clubhouse)
- Erickson Skatepark
- Lincoln Park Dog Park
- Ocean View Cemetery: Formal burial services will resume
- All athletic fields/courts, including Civic, Elks, Lincoln, Shane, and Volunteer, will be available for formal practices.
- Small events at the Vern Burton Community Center
- Port Angeles Senior Center
- All athletic fields/courts, including Civic, Elks, Lincoln, Shane, Volunteer, will be available for formal events.
- Large events at the Vern Burton Community Center
The following services continue to be limited and/or closed at this time:
- Our office remains closed to the public, but we are still available for assistance. Please call 360-417-4550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two public restrooms remain open at the downtown and Gateway locations. All other public restrooms are temporarily closed. Additional public restrooms will reopen as staffing allows.
Please click this link to visit the Parks & Recreation Directory page for a full list of Park and Facility closures:
You can perform a search for open, partially closed, or completely closed parks and facilities via the “Find A Facility” search function on the left-hand side of the page.
Completely Closed – All parts of this park/facility are closed to the public.
Partially Closed – Some parts of the park/facility are closed to the public. Ex: baseball field, public restroom.
Open – This park/facility functions as it would normally.