Due to low flows in the Elwha River, which influences the amount of water available to the City’s water system, a Stage II Water Shortage has been declared by the City of Port Angeles. This means that immediate voluntary reductions in water consumption are encouraged. Some recommended voluntary conservation actions include:
- Install low-flow shower heads and faucets that are available free upon request from City Hall.
- Reduce frequency and volume of lawn watering, and limit it to early morning or evenings.
- Collect a rebate for installing water-efficient toilets, rain barrels, watering timers, and soil moisture meters.
- Reduce car washing frequency.
- Operate automatic dishwashers/clothes washers only when full.
- Think about other ways to conserve water.
If you would like information on water conservation, please call 417-4715, or you may visit the City’s water conservation web page at https://www.cityofpa.us/807/Water-Conservation.