UPDATE: MARCH 01, 2021
Following a water main break, the City evaluated the pavement on Race Street and found the street condition too dangerous for driving. The water main break eroded both the roadbed and pavement, compromising the safety of the street. Repairs to the roadbed and pavement are necessary before the City can allow road traffic to resume.
Due to the severity of the damage, the repair work will be conducted by a Contractor. The City is bound by government agency policy/state bidding requirements which impact the repair timeline.
The City has taken the following actions:
- Completed repair design for this and several other locations in the City requiring pavement repairs.
- Advertised for contractor bids for the repair work.
- March 8th - The Contract bid period closes
- March 16th - The lowest bid will go to City Council for award consideration.
- End of March – current anticipated completion of repairs.
Please see the detour map below:
We thank you for your patience during this process. Updates to follow.
Race Street is closed between Park Ave to Lauridsen Blvd due to road repairs needed for safety following a water main break and repair.
The extent of the damage is yet to be determined. The road will remain closed until repairs are complete. Updates will follow.