The limited moratorium does not ban all short-term rentals within city limits. Instead, it prohibits establishing any new short-term rentals located in Residential Medium-Density and Residential High-Density zones after June 16, 2023.
The limited moratorium does not impact:
- Existing short-term rentals that are compliant with current zoning requirements.
- New short-term rentals located in commercial zones.
- The rental of rooms within a house where the owner resides.
- Owners renting out their homes while they are away on vacation, or
- Where the entire housing unit is rented out for 30 days or less during the calendar year.